Saturday, April 10, 2010

Support Dr. Myhill

I learned today that Dr. Sarah Myhill, a UK physician who works with ME/CFS and to whom we are indebted for a fine clinical study demonstrating mitochondrial deficiencies in ME/CFS, has been threatened with the closure of her website and her medical practice by the UK medical board.

Here is a link to the site where she describes the situation:  http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Open_letter_about_my_GMC_hearing_April_2010

I just wrote the following in her support:
 Dr. Sarah Myhill's website is a valuable source of information.  I have consulted it numerous times n dealing with my own illness and often refer clients and patients to it.  She is one of the few physicians in the world with an understanding of ME/CFS that goes beyond the superficial level.  She knows how to improve quality of life for people with this illness.  It is no surprise that other physicians are jealous (if that indeed is their motivation in complaining about her); they would do better to study her research, value her clinical experience, and make her work available to more people who need this help.  Traditional therapies of CBT and GET help very few individuals with true ME.

Please join me in supporting Dr. Myhill.
Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here. If you have a question specific to your own condition, please e-mail me directly at drjanisbell@gmail.com I cannot give medical advice. If you want to suggest a product or therapy you think I should try, please let me know if you have used it, what you used it for, and how it helped you.