Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Down on gluten

Last blog ended with a big error:  I ate lots and lots of gluten!

It was about 1/3 of a bowl of whole wheat penne that, in my CFS brain-fog and end-of-the-day fatigue looked more like brown rice pasta than they really do. Oops!  I swallowed 4 Glutenzyme capsules (DPP IV, an enzyme that breaks down gluten), 2 pancreatic enzymes, 1 Interfase (carbohydrate-digesting enzymes) and said lots of prayers.  I knew the best I could hope for was a temporary setback, as I hadn't had anything more than a few milligrams of gluten for 8 years, usually from cross-contamination, and that had been enough to cause next day diarrhea.  I did a colonic to limit the amount of stuff in my colon, just in case.


Well here's what happened:  I had chest pains that evening. I had chest pains all the next day.  I had normal stool the next day and on subsequent days but, I started getting frequent urination and waking several times during the night with volumes of pee 3-4 times the normal amount.

In my training in natural endocrinology I learned about the adrenal alarm clock -- waking at 3 or 4 am with the urge to urinate.  Clearly the gluten set off my adrenals as a major stressor, and they still have not returned to their pre-gluten state. I don't know if this happens because the immune system is still activated by the increased T cell production or if there is some other explanation.  The bottom line, though, is that it is still happening a week and a half later.

Also, I am more tired, and I am getting swollen glands again.  What a sore surprise!

For those of you following my reactions to the Trivedi blessings, I must be confess to a relapse in confidence as well.  With my energy low, my mood is lower and darker too.  I haven't given up on the Trivedi Effect, but I certainly am finding that it wears off over time.  Consequently, it doesn't seem to have the power to move new obstacles out of the way, although I have found it to move out obstacles which seem to be present at the time of the blessing.

As I am planning to attend another retreat at the end of July, I am hanging onto the lovely possibility that I will leap forward on my healing journey in a mere two weeks.  In the meantime, I am hoping that my system will settle down.

If anyone knows what might help, please let me know.  Acupuncture perhaps?  Sometime to soothe the gut like l-glutamine?  I'm at a loss here and welcome your help.

1 comment:

  1. Have you heard of IgG 2000df? Cheney is using it as part of his stem cell protocol. It is supposed to help clear toxins from the gut(he uses it in combination with Mutaflor). When I first started using it I got some die off from it.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments here. If you have a question specific to your own condition, please e-mail me directly at drjanisbell@gmail.com I cannot give medical advice. If you want to suggest a product or therapy you think I should try, please let me know if you have used it, what you used it for, and how it helped you.